Order pickers are a critical part of businesses that ship and receive products of any kind. This role is necessary to ensure that daily operations flow smoothly and that all deadlines and goals are met for shipping needs. GL Staffing is looking for dedicated and experienced order pickers for a number of different businesses in the Miami area. Read on to learn more about the responsibilities and duties of a GL Staffing Order Picker.
Order Picker Job Purpose:
Manages pick ticket orders from warehouse staff and management and physically pulls inventory from the shelves to ensure accurate delivery of warehouse products. Also packs orders, including shrink wrapping contents onto pallets, and loads them on trucks for delivery while ensuring orders are accurate and records of inventory are kept up to date for a smooth flow in warehouse operations.
Order Picker Job Duties:
- Manages pick ticket orders
- Pulls warehouse items from the shelves based on number, size, colour, quantity, and quality requirements
- Ensures that orders are accurate
- Stages items correctly for delivery
- Operates handling equipment and ensures safety regulations are followed
- Plans and monitors product storage and dispatch
- Oversees stock replenishment
- Monitors stock control systems and processes specific orders
- Ensures warehouse goals are met
- Maintains a high level of health and safety standards
- Shrink wraps products to pallets
- Loads delivery vehicles
- Packs warehouse orders as necessary
- Operates scanners so that the proper order is picked and inventory is managed accurately
- Performs other general warehouse duties as needed
Order Picker Skills and Qualifications:
Previous Experience Working in a Warehouse Preferred; Experience Working With an RF Scanner Preferred; Keen Attention to Detail; Ability to Lift Heavy Objects; Ability to Stay on Feet for Long Periods of Time; Positive Attitude; Self-Motivated; Active; Safety Conscious; Ability to Work in a Fast-Paced, Busy Environment; Ability to Work in a Chilled Area (For Refrigerated Warehouses); Good Communication Skills; Ability to Work Well on a Team but Be Self-Motivated and Independent at Times.
OUR ORDER PICKER EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION PROCESS
With E-Verify, easily verify the identity and also the employment eligibility of newly hired employees for your company.
The E-Verify program is a voluntary program that electronically matches the employee’s information provided by their Form I-9. Any employer with federal contracts or subcontracts is required to use E-Verify.
E-Verify is the most reliable means to confirm employment eligibility electronically.
GL Staffing‘s staffing solutions save your company time and money. Please take advantage of the broad network of employers and potential employees we have to offer. Let us take all the hassle out of hiring for your organization with our professional forklift driver staffing solutions. We take pride in providing our customers with our five fundamental values: Expertise, Value, Service, Price, & Ownership.
We Are The Commercial Staffing Agency in Miami That Always Gets The Job Done!