GL Staffing has been serving the staffing needs of our local communities since 2001. Always ensuring that we not only take care of our clients but that we also take care of our workforce. We are a full-service provider, with multiple verticals to be able to handle any staffing need.
What GL provides:
– In business 23 years, never changed our name.
– Direct insured through Amerisure a triple A rated carrier.
– All GL employees are directly employed with GL, never through a third party or PEO.
STRONG FINANCIAL BACKING
– Have been with the same bank for 23 years, Wells Fargo. Carrying a LARGE line of credit
– Able to fund large increases in staff volumes easily.
– Never bounced a check for an employee.
– Pay Cards, all staff are paid electronically, providing access to their funds the quickest way possible.
– We use a leading ATS (applicant tracking software) “Tempworks”
– Paperless- electronic record keeping
– Our onboarding process is customizable allowing for tests / questionnaires / background checks to be added on a client-by-client basis.
– Online portal “WebCenter” allows Employees and Customers to access timely information and reports 24/7
– Mass text & Communication Software allows us to seamlessly engage staff and potential applicants in a moment’s notice.
– E-Verify compliant since 2011.
– ACA compliant health plan offered to all eligible staff.
– Compliant on ACA look back period.
– Strong Workers Comp program
– 941 tax reporting on all staff- never hired through the use of 1099.
– I-9’s are all electronically maintained and stored.
SERVICE & RESOURCES
– Most branch locations among all private staffing agencies between Orlando and Miami (10 locations), providing us with broader access to local talent.
– More recruiters than most staffing in FL (30 recruiters)
– Our resources allow us to focus on “SPEED OF FULFILLMENT.”
– Robust VOP (Vendor on Premises) program available.
– Corporate Payroll processing center to handle all payments and invoicing.
– Proper PPE provided for all staff.
– Over 100 years of combined staffing experience among the 5 directors/officers.
– Direct access to all leadership.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION REGARDING IMMIGRATION BILL SB 1718
– The law goes into effect July 1st, 2023, planning is critical. After July 1st private employers with 25 or more employees are required to use E-Verify to verify work -authorization for all new employees.
– Employees who started prior to July 1st are not required to be verified by the E-Verify System.
– Companies using a staffing firm will lose transferability, staff who are employed with an agency that is dissolved after July 1st are not be eligible to be transferred to a new agency without work authorization being confirmed in the E-Verfiy system.
– Staffing firm closures and inability to find work in Florida may cause undocumented workers to migrate to other non E-Verify states.
– Leading immigration policy research firm Migration Policy Institute estimates there are more than 700,000 undocumented working age people live in Florida.
– A large migration of Florida’s workforce will certainly cause a labor shortage, possibly leading to increased wages and costs especially in the construction, manufacturing, and agricultural sectors.
THINGS TO CONSIDER REGARDING IMMIGRATION BILL SB 1718
– Does your current staffing provider have strong financial stability? Be wary of staffing agencies who reorganize under new federal tax ID’s, they will be required to E-Verify all employees under the new FEIN.
– Does your staffing provider put everyone under their corporate umbrella as a W-2 employee or are they using Independent Contractors “1099”? Staffing agencies will not be required to E-Verify staff they bring on as Independent Contractors.
– Are employees being provided as Independent Contractors “1099”, do you understand the potential risks involved (not paying taxes / avoiding workers comp)?Staffing firms working with 1099’s are not required to pay payroll taxes and 1099’s do not fall under the staffing firms workers compensation insurance policy. Uncollected payroll taxes can become the responsibility of the staffing agency causing a significant financial burden and solvency issues.
– Does your current provider have compliance programs in place regarding ACA, Workers Comp, E-Verify, employee taxes? After July 1st, these will be watched more closely. It is safe to assume fines being issued to many more staffing companies, leading to potential increases and interruptions in service to your organization.
– Have you taken into consideration the potential for increased costs? After July 1st, will you be able to retain talent at your current rates? Or would increases be required?
We cannot tell anyone how to run their business, however, it will be critical to ensure that your staffing partner has your best interest. Since 2001 we have believed in establishing and maintaining relationships founded on integrity and accountability, should you need any assistance GL Staffing is more than ready to assist.